Investing in US

There are both immigrant and non-immigrant visas available to those who are interested in investing in the US.  Ghobrial Law is in the unique position of not only representing clients on the immigration side of the investment, but also in facilitating the acquisition of investments.  Please contact Ghobrial Law if you are interested in exploring immigration options via investment.

Immigrant Visa Options -
Employment Creation Visa:
$1,000,00 Investment
Invest $1,000,000 of foreign investor's money or assets in a business that creates at least 10 full time jobs for US workers (other than the investor and investor's family members). Under this option, the investor will receive a conditional, 2 year permanent residence.  At the end of the two years, the investor must apply to remove the conditions by showing that the required capital was invested and the jobs have been or will be created in a reasonable time.  The investor must plan to live in the US to direct the business.
$500,000 Regional Center Investment Program 
Instead of investing in a business, the investor can invest $500,000 with an approved Regional Center. These investment funds have been approved by the US government to create jobs and have positive economic impacts. The investment funds are unsecured and do not guarantee an investment return. Under this option, the applicant will receive a conditional, 2 year permanent residence. At the end of the two years, the investor must apply to remove the conditions by showing that the required capital was invested. This is a good option for investors who have overseas obligations that require them to spend significant amounts of time outside the US.

Non-Immigrant Visa Options:

Investor Visa (E-2 Visa)
To qualify for an E-2 investor visa, the investor must develop and direct the operations of a business in which he/she has invested or is actively in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.  The investor must own at least 51% of the company and the investment must create jobs for people other than the investor and the investor's family members.  While this is a non-immigrant visa that does not result in permanent residency, the visa can be renewed indefinitely as long as the business is operating. 

Multi-National Transferee Visa (L Visa)
Under this visa the applicant works as an executive/manager for an overseas company that opens a new office/branch/subsidiary in the US.  The overseas company must be at least 3 years old. The US office does not need to conduct the same type of business as the parent company.  The parent company needs to own at least 51% of the US subsidiary and must continue to operate along with the US company.  Initially after opening the US office, the visa will be granted for one year, after which the applicant must apply for an extension of the visa.  By the end of the one year, the applicant must show that the US company will support an executive/manager position.  Therefore it must create jobs that result in an organizational structure that has multiple levels of employees and directors.
Website Builder